Not knowing the town and neighborhoods, nor the particulars of the culture, and probably not be able to speak enough Spanish makes it hard, confusing and time consuming for everyone looking to rent in Playa del Carmen, Tulum & the Riviera Maya.
How can you find a rental property in Playa del Carmen? Where to look? Where are the best locations to live? Who can help you, to find a Long Term Rental in Playa del Carmen?
We at Playa Rentals & Sales want to share our best tips we have gathered through the years of experience in Renting and Selling in the Playa del Carmen Real & Riviera Maya Real Estate Market.
- Start looking online and browse through sites that advertise rentals. This will give you a good overview on what is out there, for what price and in which neighborhood. Take notes of what you like and have a look at our maps to get familiar with the different areas. Feel free to send us a screenshot or link on units you found and we are happy to check if they are real and existing, as many advertisements are permanent listings.
- The Long Term Rental Market in Playa del Carmen is hot and fast. Availabilities are changing almost on a daily base. What was available yesterday is rented within a few days. Most owners & their property manager do not want to hold a unit for a potential tenant. That is why we start searching 14 days before your arrival or rental date. That is enough time to find a list of available properties.
- Come to Playa del Carmen and stay in a hotel for 2 nights if you can and choose a Long Term Rental in Playa del Carmen when you are here. We do not recommend renting for 6 or 12-month sight unseen or from pictures if you are new to Playa del Carmen. It is also recommendable to use our expertise. We know many properties and we know the good and the bad about almost every building and neighborhood. We will search for suitable Long Term Rentals in Playa del Carmen for you before your arrival and will show you properties while you are staying in the hotel. 2 or 3 days with showings are enough and you will be able to make a good choice.
- Best times to look for a Long Term Rental Apartment in Playa del Carmen are February, May, June and September, although there is always availability year around. Worst times are December & January because of Christmas and New Year Vacations. Easter in March/April is also not a good date. Sometimes the Summer can be a little difficult as well.
- If you have the chance to be in Playa del Carmen before your move, get familiar with the areas you consider staying. Walk around, take notes of street names and take photos of advertisements. Don’t worry if you are not able to speak Spanish, or if you do not have time to call, we will take care of this, just send us your notes.
We hope this information gives you a little more clarity about this exciting step you are about to take. If you want to know other aspects to study, we invite you to read our Real Estate Guide Moving to Mexico.
If you have any questions about renting Long Term in Playa del Carmen, please write to us, we are happy to help.